Parrot Fish

It's not often that I purchase art- but the experience is so beautiful and rewarding when I do. Today I celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary with Jamie Radford. I was downtown at Decatur's Arts Festival and met Kathy Wolfe, local Avondale photographer/artist. Hope to have this lady visit Oakhurst and teach our kids about her photo transfer process. Love this fish. Can't believe these exists in real life- no hand coloring whatsoever ... 

"Every fish is hand done on a 10 x 23 inch box with a depth of 2 inches. After the boxes are sanded and prepped, the transfer is poured. After drying for several days, the gelatin transfer is sealed and the sides of the box are finished with a beautiful ivory color paint.
Each piece is unique and has it’s own personality. They render beautiful imperfections and a vintage appearance."

Comments